Wine Wednesday: 2012 William Hill Estate Chardonnay North Coast

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Welcome to the first Wine Wednesday on the blog! Today is one of my favorite chardonnays from William Hill.

Almost six months ago, J and I served William Hill wines at our wedding. We honeymooned in Napa and knew we had to take a trip to the winery itself. It was one of our favorites of the whole trip - the setting and view were breathtaking, they had one of the few chardonnay-focused tastings, and they had adirondack chairs. I decided long ago that my favorite kind of Outdoor Drinking is Adirondack Chair Outdoor Drinking so it of course added to the overall experience.

On to the wine - we can get some of their widely-distributed bottles at our local store. This clocks in at $14.99 where I buy it.


One of my favorite things about this chard is the oakiness. Many people dislike an oaky chardonnay but I love it and think it adds some heft. This one is very crisp on the nose, almost citrusy, but once you sip it, it's rich and buttery, almost creamy.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I, too, love an oaky chardonnay! I will have to look out for William Hill.

    ReplyDelete

You can be sweet or spicy, but no sour grapes.

Pin It button on image hover