One-Pan Fridge Clean Out Chicken Bake

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

As a loud and proud control freak, I love meal planning. As someone whose control and anxiety issues can take a very negative turn very quickly, I’ve worked hard to give myself a break if things don’t go EXACTLY as planned. This meal was entirely unplanned and served simply to use up a bunch of ingredients that were hanging around in the fridge - forgotten, looked over in lieu of leftovers, sidelined by an important lunch meeting being moved back day over day.


What did I have on hand? Broccoli, green beans, chicken thighs. I dumped them all into a lasagna pan. I also found a jar of marinated artichoke hearts and added those, too. Finally, I had sundried tomatoes and some peppadew peppers and zapped those in the baby food processor with a little drizzle of olive oil.


Then I baked it until the chicken was fully cooked.


Then I ate it.


And it was GREAT. It was a perfect no-brainer of a meal - I used what I had on hand and it ended up incredibly tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can be sweet or spicy, but no sour grapes.

Pin It button on image hover