Wine Wednesday: 2013 Chateau Miraval Côtes de Provence Rosé

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

You know the age-old question about which celebrities/famous figures you'd like to invite to dinner? It's one of my favorite Get To Know You questions of all time. Today, I'd definitely ask Madeleine Albright, Colin Firth, the writers of Go Fug Yourself, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, David McCallum, and Angelina Jolie (with or without Brad Pitt in tow). Naturally, if Angie were able to attend, I'd have to serve Miraval Rosé.


Why would I HAVE to serve this?


It's hers. And Brad's. They made a great action movie, multiple babies, and Brangelina Rosé.


This has your standard strawberry sweet aroma that you'd expect with a rosé, but I was so happily surprised by the actual flavor. It's extremely crisp and does not have that aggressive sweetness that the nose suggested. There is almost a metallic and peppery element to it. I occasionally order rosé during the summer, but this is a wine I'd like to drink on a regular basis. I purchased it on sale at my local store for $19.99, but regularly it's a little closer to $30. I highly recommend if you are a rosé drinker, but even more so if you're not - this could convert you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can be sweet or spicy, but no sour grapes.

Pin It button on image hover