Chardonnay Beyoncé Love Chicken

Friday, September 5, 2014

Some of the best and not-screw-up-able recipes I've ever made come from Samma at Spice and Sass. From casseroles to soups to main dishes, every single thing I've made of hers is spot on.

One that I've made time and time again has the best recipe name in this history of recipe names.

Chardonnay Beyoncé Love Chicken


Disclaimer: no Beyoncés are harmed in the making of this dish. But dammit if I don't shake my caboose to some "Get Me Bodied" while cooking it.

If you're ever in the mood for something decadent but easy - say, a Friday night after the longest 4-day work week in history - then CBLC is perfect for you. The ingredients are:

- chicken breasts (but I'm sure dark meat would be bombtastic as well)
- 6 - 8 slices prosciutto or thinly sliced Italian ham
- 4 - 6 slices Provolone cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (I grab the lowest sodium version)
- at least 1/4 cup of The Blessed Chardo (or whatever white wine you enjoy/are drinking at that moment/have on hand)
- paprika, salt, and pepper

The assembly is extremely complex, so pay attention. Put your chicken into a baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Lay the prosciutto or ham on top of the chicken making sure that the whole breast is covered. Then lay provolone slices on top.


Yes, that is Samma's blog up on my iPad in the background. And I my glass of chardonnay. I needed both to make sure I execute these steps in the correct order. Are you still with me? It's very complicated but just re-read that last paragraph, or I can sum up: plop, season, layer, layer. You're almost done.


Whisk the wine and soup together and pour it over the chicken. Sprinkle with paprika - I like hot paprika for this recipe but sweet paprika would also work.

Then you bake it uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or so (a little longer if you use leg meat).


It is so easy to make and it is even easier to make it disappear from your plate and into your stomach. The creamy sauce and gooey cheese on top of salty prosciutto and tender chicken? This is Decadent Weekend Relaxation Food in under an hour.


Samma suggests serving it with broccoli and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I tossed the florets with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper, and roasted them in a separate dish next to the chicken for the last 10 - 15 minutes. This dish is consistently a hit at my table and I promise it will be one at yours, too!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I have made this one too! Samma's recipes are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I've been meaning to try this for ages...next week: it's on!

    ReplyDelete

You can be sweet or spicy, but no sour grapes.

Pin It button on image hover