Pork Tenderloin With Grapes & Beans

Thursday, December 11, 2014

I've obviously developed a love of cooking savory foods with grapes in the mix. I came across a Food & Wine recipe for Pork With Grapes and knew I had to give it a whirl.


Instead of chops, I sliced a gorgeous pork tenderloin into medallions. I browned them all on both sides in a skillet and then tossed into a 350 degree oven to cook through.


Into the same skillet, I added 1/2 white onion minced and my red grapes. I skipped the sugar, but I added the vinegar, then the wine, then the stock according to the F&W recipe (although I used chardonnay instead of "fruity red" because I had a bottle open). Right toward the end, I added in a can of drained canellini beans to add some heft. Then I added the pork back into the sauce to soak up the deliciousness.


Served over leftovers of a scrumptious squash puree that J had whipped up the night before. He caramelized onions with chili flakes, roasted acorn squash with salt pepper and garam masala, then blended both once cooked with a touch of olive oil. It was light and fluffy and sweet with a hint of spice from the garam masala and chili flakes.


This was a hit! The sweet and tart flavors of the grapes and vinegar were perfect with the roasted pork and creamy beans. I could also see this being even better if I'd reduced the sauce down to half to concentrate all of the flavors. This is

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can be sweet or spicy, but no sour grapes.

Pin It button on image hover