Roasted Salmon With Horseradish Dill Sauce

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Happy Thursday! It's my Friday today as I'm traveling tomorrow - thank freakin' goodness - so I'll give you this quick and easy salmon sauce.


The fish itself is simple -- I had the fishmonger take the skin/scales off of two beautiful salmon fillets. I seasoned them with salt and pepper and a tiny drizzle of olive oil and baked them at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.

While the fish cooked, I mixed up the sauce. I started a ton of fresh chopped dill -- it's not helpful recipe-wise, but dill is very hit or miss for people, so use as much as you like. I went with "lots". I added it into a cup of 2% Greek yogurt with the juice of one lemon and 2 tablespoons of horseradish. I love the spicy punch that the horseradish brings, but the yogurt helped cool it down a bit so the fresh green dill shone through the brightest.


I served with a few Persian cucumbers sliced up and lightly salted on the side. They added some much needed crunch to the plate.

Oh, and remember the soup?


This almost edged into Diet Food territory, it was so light and healthy. So I had an extra glass of chardo for dessert. Moderation is the name of the game, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can be sweet or spicy, but no sour grapes.

Pin It button on image hover